Sunday, June 22, 2008

...and the Livin' is Easy!

Last night was our Eighth Annual Solstice Party. It was a wonderful time and everyone was cleared out by 11:00 when the rain came crashing down. It poured very hard for about half an hour. Susan and I were on the front porch with our regular solstice Hangers-on, Mark and Laura.

I am sad to say that I had such a wonderful time that I did not take hardly any pictures. I really need to hire a staff photographer next year.

Since the Solstice was the official debut of the new bathroom (even though it is not quite complete) I thought I would show a couple of before and after shots.
This is a shot that shows the new sink and vanity that took the place of a mostly useless linen cabinet. I was able to save that whole set up and it is now being useful in the garage.

Here is a view looking straight into the old and new bathroom. There should have been a sink where the orange bucket is. I guess I removed it before thinking of taking the picture.

I wish we could have kept the old subway tile that the original bathroom had. Our budget just wouldn't accommodate that kind of expenditure.

Okay, I now have lots of updating to do from the past week.

As you may have expected, the Suzuki is a total loss. My wonderful son, of who I am so proud, drove it into a tree during a drunken rampage. While he is suffering major consequences for his actions, I am coming out pretty good on the whole deal. I was offered about $800.00 more than I would have sold the car for so I am pretty pleased with that part of the outcome.

I am not pleased with my big toe. It has developed a case of gout. It is very tender and walking for the past week has been quite arduous. I have had good days and bad days but the tenderness is always there.

It is great to be me!

No comments: