Sunday, February 27, 2011

Pre-Oscar Function

Prior to enjoying the Academy Awards, Susan and I did some actual home remodeling stuff. She has been working for three weeks now on the ceiling in our main hallway. If you look back only a few entries, you'll see us scraping the textured crap off the ceiling.

Since I have been down with the Shingles for the past four weeks, she has been continuing the work on her own. Today, she painted. That a good sign because it's the last thing to do. She has to put up one more coat as you can see some of the touch up areas didn't get completely covered by the paint.
I am still not feeling very good but I am uncharacteristically tired of being useless. So I went to work on the new bookcase upstairs. It's been several months since we stained it. Even more months since we had it installed. It has now cured well enough to varnish.
With these two projects complete, we can now do a thorough cleaning of the house, which has been infested by dust from the endless mudding and sanding process on the aforementioned ceiling. It got so bad it even bothered me.
The big snowfall from Thursday has started to melt and is creating wonderful icicles all around. I'm taking pictures of some of them before I knock them down. I'll have more sickles to show off in the days to come.
And now, it's off to the Oscars!

No comments: