Friday, May 08, 2015

Vacation Report

I am writing from Rancho Mirage, California.

We are on Vacation and having a wonderful time.

We left Spokane on Monday morning and drove as far as Klamath Falls, Oregon. That was our goal for the first day.

On Tuesday, we drove about six hours to my sister's place near Sacramento. We spent the night there and had a nice, but quick visit.

On Wednesday, we set our GPS on Palm Springs and drove for nine hour...about 45 minutes of that consisted of sitting in traffic in L.A.

So here we are in the desert visiting Mom and Margie Stanton. They are quartered in a place that looks like a movie set. It is perfect and ideal. There is not a leaf out of place.
The weather so far has been very temperate, very comfortable. There was a wind storm that came up yesterday afternoon and lasted well into the evening.

It looks like today will be cloudy and cooler, but not by much, I'm guessing. 

I am of course, not publishing these posts until we return home. There is no need to advertise that the house is empty. Especially when that is not really the case. 

My neighbors are watching the house and Phil is there working on the bathroom. We should have an almost clean slate to start work on when we return.

In the meantime, the order of the day is to lay about and be quiescent, sluggish and languorous.

Yup! I brought my thesaurus!

No comments: