Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Three Hundred Ninety-Se7en Days Without a Toilet

I left work an hour early today in order to get home and get some important preliminary work done in the bathroom. I had to get the bead board installed on the toilet wall. I did all the measurements and layout last night and got everything marked up. When I got home, all I had to do is get everything cut out.
Surprisingly, it all fit! Wow!!! 

The other big obstacle was to remove the valve that supplies the toilet with water so I could place the bead board. That required the purchase of a crimping tool that tightens the ring around the valve. The tool cost $62.00 for something I will use once...maybe twice if I screw up. In reality, I used it once.

Anyway, all went well and the panel is in place. 

The next task was to pull the old toilet out of the Carriage House and get it cleaned up. It was a mess. 

Once the toilet was ready, it was a matter of placing the wax ring, putting the screws in place, and dropping the potty into position. 

All went well and we have a working toilet on the main floor.
Our looooooooooooooooooong national nightmare is over.

The next thing to do is to see if we can make the sink work.

No comments: