Monday, August 09, 2021

Mo' Yard Work

I don't think it would be going to far out on the hyperbolic ledge to say that we kicked ass today.

This is what the yard looked like yesterday.

Here we are after todays' work. I know that the side yard still looks like a barren wasteland but it is becoming a barren wasteland that we are controlling.

We got out into the yard about 1:00 and the goal was to get all the leafy, sticky, frondy crap into bags and off to the dump. By 2:30, we had to stop to allow a downpour to pass over us.

Once that was clear, we loaded everything into the truck and set off for the dump. We easily had 15 bags.

As we drove into the Waste to Energy Plant, there was a little fire at the entrance that was picking up momentum. I had my camera with me but did not have the presence of mind to use it.

It took about 20 minutes to get into the plant. It took about 15 minutes for us to unload. I should have taken a picture because I had my camera with me but did not have the presence of mind to use it.

From the dump, we went to Costco because Susan had seen a TV Stand there that she liked a lot more than the one she bought on line a few weeks ago. So we are going to take the loss on that table and use this much nicer one.

When we came out of Costco, it was just beginning to rain. We loaded the TV Stand box into the truck and headed for home. 

And that's where we are now. We have a good solid day of yard  work to be happy about and a rainy evening to enjoy instead of the month of heat we've had.   

No comments: