Saturday, September 18, 2021

A Day at Cd'A


Today, I rode out to Coeur d'Alene Lake with my friend Rob. He has a place out there and he needed help closing it up.

We didn't do a full shut down. He'll go out later this year to drain all the water and winterize the cabins.

Today we hauled the gangplank from the shore up onto the main dock. There it will sit in its winter home down the bay.

Rob has been doing this for years by himself. Since I am now a retired person of leisure, he invited me to help. Although he didn't really let me help much.


Here he is with a strap attached to the gangplank that is wrapped around him as he pulls the gangplank to the dock. All I did was help lift the end up on the dock, slide it forward a little bit and then took a bunch of pictures.

Afterwards we barbecued some Brats and drank some beers.

It was a good way to spend the day.

No comments: