Sunday, April 02, 2023

Unfinished Projects

We've had a pretty good week working on the windows.


I got a bunch of weights re-strung with new rope on the deck windows. I'm almost done removing the paint and getting everything down to wood.

Today, I'm taking a break to work on a couple of other projects. The first one is to run a wire out under the eve where we plug in the heat cord up on the roof. I've just been up in the attic surveying the area and I am about to go back up and drill a little hole. Then I'll feed the wire through and have it sticking out the hole until I can get a ladder tall enough to reach the spot from the yard. The ladder I have is just a touch short.

The other project is something I have needed to finish from the remodel of the upstairs bathroom. The fan is vented into the attic but I need to install a vent on the side of the house so it vents properly.

Don't be concerned. I don't use that fan very much and it doesn't look moldy up there. But it is something I need to complete.

So...here I go!

I had a semi-successful trip back up to the attic. I forgot to take my headlamp with me and of course, my flashlight wouldn't stay lit. I managed to get a hole drilled for the fan vent. I plugged it with a little bit of insulation. 

I tried drilling a hole for the wire and was not as successful. I'm going to have to drill the hole from the outside and that requires the big ladder.


No comments: