Sunday, October 14, 2007

Productive Sunday

Wow! What a day as far as the weather goes! It was very nice out today. It was probably in the 70's which is very unseasonable. I'm not complaining. I got some yard work done and Susan painted some tombstones.

That last comment probably needs some clarification. Susan has been making tombstones out of blocks of styrofoam for a couple of weeks now. Today she painted them. Pictures below. The purpose of the tombstones is of course to adorn the yard for Halloween.










I was out with my Leaf Vacuum. It's the Tecumsah 5 1/2 H.P. Leaf Shredder 2000. I bought it a couple of years ago at a yard sale. It works great but only under certain conditions. Wet leaves are a lost cause with this thing. It just won't suck um up. And it jams pretty easily if you take on too many leaves.
It worked perfectly today. You can see the swath of leaves I sucked up already. I think it is easier than raking...although I may have to get out and do it more.
The one weak link with this machine is when it comes to unloading the leaves. I finally figured out that the best way to empty the bag was to roll the thing up on a tarp and then scoop out all the debris onto the tarp. Then I take up the tarp and dump it into a garbage bag. It's a bit of a pain but it's still better than raking!

We also attending a Home Ideas Show which didn't really give us any ideas. Besides, we are still dealing with the ideas we already have.

No comments: