Thursday, November 01, 2007

Another Major Holiday in the History Books

With Halloween out of the way for another year, we can concentrate on getting back to the Bathroom project. Remember the Bathroom Project? It has been 112 days since we started.
I've been trying to do some little things here and there but I have been unsuccessful at making it happen. It is time to buckle down and put Phil to work.

So, Halloween has passed. We had well over 650 Trick or Treaters come by the house last night. We spent well over $150.00 on candy. But that was spread out over the year. I'll probably be buying my first box for next year during our next visit to Costco. The first 312 were full size Candy Bars, which ran out at 7:00. After that, we went to Fun Size and had about 400 pieces of that variety.

Susan and I both dressed up. She was a witch and I was a skeleton. I would stand motionless out in the yard and scare the unsuspecting little urchins. It was great fun.

The best comment of the night I heard was one kid who probably got a full size candy bar. He and his friend were leaving the house and he said, "Wow! These guys must be RICH!"

No, kid! Not rich. Just stupid! And, I Loooooooove Halloween!

We finally quit about 8:30. For the first time we ran out of kids before we ran out of candy.

No comments: