Monday, May 12, 2008

Dog Paddling in the Glorious Wake of Modest Achievement

I am astonished, ASTONISHED, I tell you, at the amount of time I waste looking for stuff that I should have put away properly in the first place. I even have the temerity to think that I have put it away properly.

But when the time comes for me to retrieve the supposedly properly put away item, it's not there. I would love to blame small children, but I'm the only one here who comes close to qualifying under that category. I would love to blame Gremlins, but again, I think the finger points back to me on that account as well.

My issue tonight is a letter. Susan received a letter today from an on-line catalog company who misses her business. This happens to be an on-line catalog company who I have been considering purchasing a Medicine Cabinet from. This letter offers Susan a 20% discount on any item she might chose to buy. Simply buy the item and enter the code. She gave me the letter earlier and I said I was going to run it up to the computer and go on-line later this evening and purchase said Medicine Cabinet.

So here I am, up at the computer.....and I can find no letter. I think back. It wasn't more than two hours ago that she handed me the letter. I cannot remember bringing the damn thing up here. Nor I can remember placing it anywhere between the kitchen and the computer room. I have gotten a good amount of exercise this evening going up and down the stairs, looking for the letter, which is now only a figment of my failing memory.

I have not yet queried Susan about its possible whereabouts because she is not feeling well and is currently enjoying a quiet brandy and a bath. Frankly, I feel I should be able to solve this on my own...unless of course, she found it in some location where I absent mindedly placed it and then she proceeded in her neat-nik ways to hide it from me.

The problem is that I do this all the time! I am positive that I have already written about doing this all the time. We could be done with this house by now if I hadn't forgotten where I put it.

No comments: