Sunday, March 13, 2011

Government Mandates

We lost an hour last night due to the Government Mandated Time Change. I personally like it because it stays lighter later.

Susan and I finally have a day to spend at home together and we are going to try and make the most of it. So why am I sitting at the keyboard typing away? Well, how else am I going to be able to chronicle all the amazing things we accomplished this day?!

What follows is a pictoral and verboral description of our day.

My first task was to remove the studded tires from Susan's car. This went pretty quickly as I am a master with the tire iron. Next I decided to polish up her shiny chrome wheels which were not looking quite so shiny. They develop rust and a good scrubbing with an S.O.S. pad takes care of that little annoyance.
Next I headed for the Carriage House where the shelves awaited a coat of varnish. This went pretty quickly as I am a master of the tire iron, which means I'm pretty good with a varnish brush too.

While I was doing my stuff, Susan was busy in the entry way getting plastered. I found that shocking since we have given up alcohol for Lent, but I soon learned that it was actual plaster she was working with. She is continuing with the large amount of repair she has to do with the arched doorway in the front hall.

It's a real mess!

While Susan spent her whole day doing this one project, milking it for all it was worth, I did a few other things. I raked up some leaves in the yard, cleaned the gutter out front, put chemicals in the hot tub and, because I am a master with the pillow, I took a nap. (I'm still feeling the effects of shingles so BACK OFF!!!)

No comments: