Monday, September 24, 2012

Catching Up

I haven't had the time or inclination lately to update the ol' Bloggerooni. So here I is...updating!

When last we got together, we were talking about how Susan and I are better label makers than we are wine makers. Now that the fair is over and we have retrieved our entries, I was hoping there might be some constructive criticism on the judging forms that might help us determine where we could improve.

Unfortunately, the judging forms are not designed that way. They have about five categories and they rate each category with a number. Then they total up the numbers and the highest number wins.

They left a few comments but nothing helpful. My favorite comment was left on our friend Ellen's entry inwhich the judge noted that the wine was "slightly tart with slightly tarty flavor". I suggest there is a bit of tard in that judge.

Today is the last full day of Summer and the summer weather continues to stay with us although it is augmented by the slightly smokey nature of the various forest fires going on in our region. We end up with cool looking sunsets like this one.
My buddy Mike was just in town for a brief visit in order to say "Good Bye" to his Mom. She has had a steady decline over the past  few years due to the Ahlzheimers. So while it is sad, it also a blessing that she is now at peace and hangin' with Jesus!

My work has been incredibly busy as all our customers want it NOW! I put in a bunch of hours last week in order to finish printing the full wrap graphics for a motorhome that is becoming a mobile health clinic.

This week has been much more mellow. I'm actually writing this during my work hours, which I hardly ever do. I can today because I'm sitting here at the computer pressing the "Go" button every five minutes on some decals I have to cut. Oops! There they go again. Excuse me whilst I change sheets. 11:21AM

I'm back! 11:23AM

We are having a festive Potato Lunch today. The boss has provided a mess o' taters, they have been baked and are now sitting on the barbeque awaiting extracation from the flames.

I think I shall go eat me a tater! Later!!  11:36AM
1:53PM Wow! Great lunch. Everybody had plenty to eat and it was quite tasty.

I guess that's all I have to say today. Thanks for watching!

No comments: