Monday, October 01, 2012

End of September Update

We had a semi busy weekend which was marred by illness. Susan has been steadily coming down with a cold since last week and it continued through the weekend...even though she had to work a hockey game on Saturday. She is tough.
Even though she was feeling sickish, that couldn't keep her away from our annual visit to the Greek Festival and the local Greek Orthodox Church. Normally, we ride our bike's but Susan thought it would be best to drive because of her depleted state. It was fabulous as usual and again makes me wonder why I don't enjoy orzo more. I really love that little football shaped noodle.

I spent the weekend goofing around the yard, doing odd jobs here and there. I spent some time on a new Halloween Prop. I cleaned up around the yard. I started painting some bird houses I have had for a couple of years but not put up. And I made some beer.
 It's an Octoberfest Beer and I used some of my home grown hops. Above is the wort boiling away prior to adding the hops. Below is the hops, the store bought stuff from the store where I bought it and the home grown stuff from the home where I grew it.
It is currently bubbling along in the kitchen as the fermentation process has taken off and gone wild.

I've been holding off on these bird houses because I had to get them painted. And naturally, they had to be painted in the color scheme of the house. I got them primed on Sunday and then added some base colors later. They will soon be the bitchin' best bird bedroom in the neighborhood.

No comments: