Wednesday, October 17, 2012

It was a Dark & Chilly Night

Our Syrah is in the bucket but I haven't thrown the yeast in yet. I'm still trying to get more juice out of the pulp. Susan and I had a squeezing session last night and it didn't go well. There is sooooo much pulp that it is really hard to lift the bag up out of the fermenter. It's a heavy Mofo. Once it is out, Susan had a tough time squeezing. We got juice out, but there is lots yet to extract. We will try again tonight and probably toss the yeast in.

The amount of daylight is getting lesser and lesserer. I recently purchased these nifty new outdoor timers to operate my outdoor spotlights. They operate on a timer or I can set them to come on at dusk and go off 12 hours later.

I presently have it set for the dusk set up but we are now at the point were it is still dark 12 hours after the lights come on. So now I have to make the proper adjustments. The problem is that it is getting dark by the time I get home. So it is more difficulter to make my adjustments. I will be wearing my flashlight hat to get this done.

I bring this up only to mention that I am now leaving the back porch light on 24 hours per day. It's just gotten to that time. That means that it is only a matter of time before the snow starts flying.

That now leads me to my annual statement about winter which is this: As I get older, Winter gets colder!

No comments: