Sunday, November 04, 2012

A Crime that's not a Crime

We spent our extra hour in the comfort of the bed. It was fabulous. Usually I try to save my extra hour for later in the week. I might use it to take a long lunch or read a good book. But I was tired and really rally really enjoyed using it to sleep more. I have a feeling that will be a major theme in my life going forward.

Susan worked to clean inside and I worked on the outside. I pulled the post holders from the flying ghost out of the ground and raked and blew the leaves around until they formed nice neat piles. 

Yesterday, I loaded the leaves from the curb into my garbage can. They filled the can and left me with very little room for garbage. Upon reflection, I realized that these leaves technically belong to the city since they were in the street. I decided to return them to the city by dumping the leaves I collected into a pile of leaves in the park directly across the street from the house. One might say this is illegal. Another one might say you're full of shit! I say, what leaves are you talking about?

So what we are dealing with here is a precarious legal high wire. I guess it would be best if we never spoke of this again.

No comments: