Sunday, June 09, 2013

Different Forms of Accomplishment

Accomplishment was my middle name yesterday as I tore around the yard and accomplishmentized all over the place.

I have completed Phase One of my Arbor Project. I have installed caps over all the lengths of beams that form the arbor over the deck. The next phase is to place the caps over the cross beams at the end of the arbor. And I need to get it done before the hops gets any larger.











Then I got to cleaning the yard and couldn't stop. That little area at the end of the Carraige House and next to Ted's garage has been an eye sore for many years. I got to work cutting up the boards that have been rotting on the ground. Then I pulled out the roto-tiller and really did some damage. I cleaned it up enough that Susan and I are now in talks about laying down some sort of patio in the area. We are discussing cement, paver bricks and large pieces of slate.

I had a piano lesson at 1:30 and barely made it on time due to my inability to stop. I just kept wanting to do one more thing. That was my last piano lesson for the summer as I have too much going on to stop in the middle of the day and take a lesson.

The perfect end to a perfect day of accomplimentation is the tradition Pit Fire of Accomplishment.
It was ferocious and I used up a lot of the wood that I cleaned up from the yard. Fret not...there is still plenty of house to burn.

Today has turned into a bust in relation to Accomplimentoring. We went to church and then charged home to plant a bunch of flowers Susan bought Saturday. We planted one side of the front yard garden.

Then we went to a Graduation Party for my friend Lee's son. It was a grand event at the Spokane Club with beer and wine and pop for the graduates. There was great food as well. 

Unfortunately, we couldn't stay long due to a prior commitment we made with our church. We volunteered to answer pledge calls at the local PBS TV station. That ate up four hours of our time on an otherwise beautiful Sunday. 

We're working on figuring out how to get the deduction.


No comments: