Friday, October 09, 2015

Dry Wall Disaster Day for Dumbass Driver

I am writing to you now from the front porch, having just unloaded 10 sheets of drywall and five sheets of cement board.

This could have very possibly killed me were it not for my best neighbor Lou. He saw me struggling and came over to help.

I was struggling because I'm stupid. I was taking two sheets at a time. Generally, two sheets of drywall are bound together with a strip of paper at each end. A person working alone would be wise to remove the paper and haul one sheet at a time.

I had no luck removing the strips in one smooth move the way real drywallers do it. So, I hauled double sheets, which was killing me. I managed two trips with doubles but it involved a substantial breather in between.

Another minor disaster I had was deciding to try and drive home on the freeway with the drywall loaded on my rack. I had two pieces break on me within the first quarter mile. I got off the freeway and drove surface streets home. I think I can save the two broken pieces. If not, they will work as fillers.

From the front porch, with a cold beer, I'm out.

No comments: