Wednesday, October 07, 2015

Lemberger 2015

Today was Wine Day. It is time to get our Lemberger into the fermenter.

I met my friend John at his little Winery about 5:30. I had my grapes in the car and got them unloaded pretty quickly. I was a little dismayed to discover a mouse living in the ice chest among the grapes.

He must have come on board from the very start when we picked up the grapes in Prosser. He had clearly been eating them which meant he was also peeing and crapping on them. That's what we in the wine biz call...extra flavor.

I managed to prod the varmint out of the ice chest before anyone else knew he was there. Therefore, let's keep this information between us, okay?!

The crushing went quickly as always. It's the clean up that takes forever.

We got the grapes home and transferred them from the ice chest into our primary fermenter, a white 7 gallon bucket. I didn't have any yeast yet so we're just letting them sit and juice.

We did not place the grapes in the mesh bag as we have in the past.

I'm not really sure how we will proceed from here. It kind of depends on how much juice starts showing up.

In the meantime, here are the pictures of this years batch o'wine!



No comments: