Saturday, April 22, 2017

Saturday on the Park - It is not the Fourth of July

8:21AM: I have a lot I would like to get done today and I already feel like I'm running behind. It's always nice to sleep in though and one should do it at least once a day.

My morning has not started well as my coffee grinder broke. 
You can see in the picture that the blade is off the shaft spinning freely and the plastic cap that holds the blade in place has broken. At least it waited until I had my beans mostly shredded. However, a major loss of a good and trusted appliance so early in the day does not offer expectations of a glorious day to follow.

First, I needs to bathe. And so I shall!

8:44AM: Okay, I am clean and dressed and ready to face the horrible day that my coffee grinder says it is going to be. 

My first job is to go out and drain a little of the water out of the overfilled hot tub.
Okay, the water is draining and now I'll have to keep an eye on it to make sure I don't over drain. I want the water level to be about half way down the tile.
But doesn't it look great. It's clean and fresh and ready for our gross oily bodies to defile it. 

Okay, now it's time for some morning sustenance.

9:58AM: We are fed and ready to move on. The hot tub is secure and at a good level. I'll assess that for sure tonight when we get in it.

I am waiting for a text from Mark to meet him in the valley. He is taking his car to a guy who works out of his really nice sizable garage.

While I am out and I going to make a couple of stops. I have drugs to procure form the drug store and a new coffee grinder to purchase.

5:24PM: Wow! It has been a day! I got a new Coffee grinder and my drugs, and then I returned home to wash off the deck, wash off the front porch, cut a couple of mats for Susan's pictures she is going to put in the bathroom, got a final coat of paint on one of the shelves, and then...beer.

We went out on the front porch and enjoyed a beer. And then Ted and his pal Swany came over and had a beer. And then, our friend Olga was driving by after dropping her daughter off at a birthday party and stopped for a beer.

Because that 's the kind of house we want to operate!

No comments: