Sunday, April 30, 2017

Trying to Beat the Rain

It has been the weekend of yard work.

I cleaned the street gutter on Wall Street yesterday and I'm going to take the leaf blower to clean up the Waverly Place gutter shortly. In the meantime, I need to take a break. 

I do not have the stamina built up to be doing all this work. My condition is waaaay out of condition. However, the best way to build up my stamina to mow the lawn is.....to mow the lawn. Using the same syllogistic logic, I need to work in the yard more in order to allow me to do more work in the yard.

The weather forecast is threatening rain but it has yet to show up. So I'm trying to get as much done as possible before the forecast comes true.

Okay! The Blowjob is complete on Waverly. Now I just have to do a little maintenance on the Arbor Vitae and I'll call it a day.

The day is winding down now and I'm watching 60 Minutes and wandering around the house doing little jobs here and there. I met Mark at a nearby Mexican Restaurant from a couple drinks and some tacos. 

The rain never materialized so once again, good job weather forecasters. I really want a job where I get paid to guess about the future.

Susan had to work this afternoon so I'm waiting for her to get home. 

Another week looms in front of us and from my perspective, it is not going to be pretty.


No comments: