Sunday, March 25, 2018

$16,567.60

It is almost ten o'clock on a snowy Saturday morning and I am going to take you along on my activities of the day.

That sounds ambitious but it's not. I really only have a couple of little adventures to go out on. The rest is here at home and involves a lot of cleaning. 

Susan is working down at the arena today for the second round of the NCAA Women's Basketball tournament.

I am happy to report that we heard from our cabinet connection and have received the first round of our kitchen layout. It is not exactly how we want it but it's a start. The good news as far as I'm concerned is the estimated cost of this first draft of cabinets, shown above in the title of this post. I was expecting a much higher number.

The price is going to go up because we are going to be adding a lot more cabinets than what the initial drawing proposes.

So here is one of the things I'm working on today that is related to the kitchen.
This is the big kitchen window on the south end of the room. It looks out on the garage and back walkway. We normally have a shade over this window because it is broken and won't stay rolled up. I'm hoping to fix that issue today.

I'm also going down to a door and window salvage store to look at possible bay window replacements.

If I'm going to do all this, I had better get going!

The door and window salvage place was a bust. I think they are out of business. I can see in to some of the windows in the warehouse and there is still stuff in there. But the entrance in the alley at the old loading dock looks pretty abandoned. 

There was lots of graffiti on every wall. There was a banner hanging up the said the name of the business but nothing with hours. I'll have to keep trying.

No comments: