Saturday, May 26, 2018

Memorial Day Weekend - Day 1

It is the Memorial Day weekend and we are hanging around the house and doing a variety of chores. Susan is intent on getting the railing on the deck painted. While she is prepping for that I'm going to go out and do some lawn care in the form of mowering.

There will also be some beer drinking and remembering of those who served and sacrificed so I can spend a weekend mowering and beer drinking.

2:48PM: Whilst out mowering, I think I collect as much dirt in my grass catcher as grass. Therefore, I'm quite unkempt and more than a little dusty. My lawn is a disaster. I'm glad nobody looks to closely. So many bare dirt patches. 

But I've done what I can do with what I have to work with.

I have completed a bunch of little projects. I got the pond cleaned out, filled with water and the regurgitating turtle in place and operating at optimum efficiency. 
I also got the air conditioners installed. All three. Yes, box air conditioners are classic white trash but I have hidden them from the front view of the house so I believe I'm covered.

I'm going to start prepping the deck.

I got everything taped up and Susan arrived home just in time to begin the painting.

By now, you must be aware that I'm a big fan of before and after pictures.

Here's before.

And here's after.
We got through it in about two hours. We feel like we really accomplished something. We were so pleased, we went to the Hub for a celebratory beer.

Then we returned home and barbecued pork chops and asparagus and watched "Singin' in the Rain" on PBS.

Day One of the Holiday Weekend is a success!

No comments: