Saturday, June 16, 2018

Yard Sale Saturday

If it's a rainy Saturday in June, it must be the Corbin Park Yard Sale.

Today is no exception. I got up at 7:30 (which qualifies as sleeping in) and got the signs out around the neighborhood. I also placed an ad in the Classified section of the newspaper.

I drove around the park and saw about ten yards set up for the sale. That's 10 out of a possible 83.

I noticed a few other sales setting up on Cleaveland, a block off the park and I'll bet there are others on Euclid, a block off the other side of the park.

I'll check back later to update the weather, the sale, and how many beers I've had.

11:27AM: We took a stroll around the park to check out the sales. We had already arranged with one neighbor to buy a Weber Charcoal Grill for $30.00. Along the way we bought a stuffed snow man, $1, for the Teddy Bear Toss, an unopened "Derek and the Domino's" record album for a dollar, and a canister vacuum for 30 bucks.

3:21PM: I just wasted two watching "Baywatch", the movie, not the TV show. Although both are equally stupid.

5:58PM: Well, this was a pretty useless day as far as accomplishments go. sometimes, that's okay. I'm okay with it.

No comments: