Saturday, August 11, 2018

Phase Two

I have done a horrible job of updating our progress on the TV Room. Nor have I waxed on about life in general here in the Summer of '18.

We are in the middle of a hot streak as far as the weather is concerned. The official high temperature yesterday was 102 but I saw as high as 104 on a couple of signs.

I have noted before that we have the best neighbors. Neighbors with cars, trucks, tools and pools. We have made great use of our neighbors pool this summer and especially during this stretch of heat.

Along with the heat, we are experiencing hazy skies due to forest fires from around the region. I don't think there is anything raging in our immediate region but we sure are smokey.

Tasks for today are many and varied. Susan wants to start cleaning the house a bit for friends who are visiting later next week. But first she is trying to repair the dining room ceiling panels I so effectively destroyed several weeks ago.
For my part, I'm trying to run a new phone line and re-run the cable line to a different wall in the TV Room.
Last week, I was able to add two new outlets to the room. I'll update this later.

4:15PM: Both Susan and I have done well today. Susan seems to be somewhat satisfied with her work fixing the ceiling panels. I think they look pretty good.

The panels are drying for a while. We are in no hurry to put them back up until they are ready.

I was most successful in moving the cable line, which I have proved that it is in working condition. I also was successful moving the phone, but it has not yet been tested.
To do the work, I had to climb into the hole shown above and crawl back to the space under the TV Room.
It is a dark, foreboding space with only enough headroom to crawl, kneel or sit. It wasn't terribly difficult to deal with the cable but the phone line offered a number of challenges. I had to fish a lot of wire through the width of the house. I left a string behind in case I ever need to fish something across the span again.

I should finish up and check that the phone line works but I'm fairly confident it will and the pool is calling. It's time to get a couple of beers and head for the pool.


No comments: