Sunday, September 02, 2018

Labor Day 2018

Because of my new work schedule where I am working 4-10's, I am into day two of a four day weekend. And so far, productive it has been.
We just put up the last repaired panel in the Dining Room. Our support bracket is in place and we will have it there until tomorrow. Susan will do a little touch up on the woodwork and then we will never have to deal with that issue again. Cuz it's never going to be leaked on because of a dumb ass mistake.
I have completed my fourth phase of projects in the TV Room. Phase four was to center the light fixture in the room. I had to use a ceiling fan bracket that I happened to have in my collection of electrical supplies. There was nothing else to attach the can to in the area of the center of the room. 

The bracket worked fine and now if anyone ever wants to hang a fan in there, they have the support to do it.

My car is still in surgery and the price has jumped another thou. Had I known that, I would not have gone through with this repair.

The good news is that the whole top end of my engine will be rebuilt so I'm hoping that will get me a few more years of mileage.

In the meantime, I've been riding my bike a lot. I'm going to go to the General Store a bit later to get some stuff I need and I'll be on the bike for that trip.

In the meantime, it's noon. Time for a beer!

Later: The rest of the day has been lazy. We took a nice long nap and I fixed a couple of items with help from the General Store.  

Now we are waiting for Mark so we can go downtown to Pigout in the Park.

Much Later: We made it down to Pigout and enjoyed food, drink music and friends. We stayed for the first part of "Too Slim and the Taildraggers", a local well known blues band.
About half way through the show, we headed for home where we lit a pit fire and toasted some S'mores while watching Raccoons try to eat up our grapes.
A lovely day!


No comments: