Sunday, June 16, 2019

Yard Sale Day

I am spending this beautiful Saturday doing one of my least favorite things...running a yard sale. 

Today is the annual Corbin Park Neighborhood wide Yard Sale and we have a few things we decided to part with. The main things I was hoping to dispose of are a roll top desk, a chest of drawers with mirror, night stand and headboard and our old barn style garage doors. On top of that, there is a bunch of crap that we have out as well and I've sold bits and pieces of it. It's going to be going to the Goodwill.

I have managed to sell the roll top desk and the garage doors. I'm very pleased about that. Especially the doors. I thought they would be hard to unload because it would take a very specific person who knew what to do with them.

Fortunately, that person came along.

I'm was planning to sit out here for two more hours and then call it quits at 4PM. But I just sold the roll top desk for $50.00 and the only thing left I care about selling is the Bedroom set. Since I don't think that is going to happen, I have taken some nice pictures and I'll be putting it on Craigs List. Enough of this Yard Sale Bullshit!

9:38PM: We have just returned from a birthday party for Susan's friend, Carine. I think she's 55. She and her husband built a house that is waaaaaaay out there in the sticks. Even though I mostly know how to get there, I could not get there again.

I called the Yard Sale a day at 2PM and packed the remaining stuff into a box that is bound for Goodwill. We made about $90.00 and then spent $85.00 on a flat screen TV and a box of Halloween stuff.

No comments: