Sunday, January 03, 2021

Packing Away the Holiday

The way it works on the calendar, at least for me is, this is the last day of the 2020 Holiday Season. I'm going to take down the lights on the outside of the house and start stowing away all the Christmas Decorations. The sooner I get it done, the more football I can watch.

I'm only really interested in the Seahawks game, so that's the game I'll have on.

11:10AM: It looks like a pretty good day to get out there and get this work done. It's 53 degrees and sunny. I've got my new boots strapped on and it's time to break them in.

12:28PM: Phase one is finished. The front porch is clear of lights, timers, extension cords and power strips. Phase Two involves the upstairs balcony and Phase C is the easiest one, the back deck. I only have one string of lights out there and a lit stocking that could be on its way out.

I should mention that the inside decorations will be up at least another week. Susan likes for them to linger a bit in the house. Besides, today she is back to working on the floor in the TV Room.

2:38PM: We are at halftime for the Seahawks. They are playing San Francisco and they are winning by 3 points, 6 to 3. The ball has gone back and forth, to and fro, hither and thither and no one has scored a touchdown. It's all been field goals.

5:15PM: The Seahawks won so you can relax.

No comments: