Monday, June 14, 2021

Creating Work

 When I was mowing on Thursday, I was trying to get a bunch of dead leaves out of a basement window well where they had built up. In the course of doing that, the mower hit the window and broke it. I didn't even notice because I thought I was being careful not to do that.

But I wasn't and I didn't.

So I noticed the broken yesterday and realized it had to be fixed. Fortunately, Susan is into glass and keeps large amounts of it down in her glass room. I spent a good amount of time cleaning out the old hardened glazing compound out of the mullions. I had Susan cut the glass to 22" x 12". I should have had her cut it an eighth inch shorter in both directions. We ended up breaking out her glass grinder and shaving the sides a bit. I finally got it to fit but had a hell of a time with the fresh glazing compound. It got all over my fingers and wouldn't stick into the mullions. I'm going to watch something on YouTube to get some tips.

In any event, the window is in and mostly secure.  

No comments: