Saturday, June 12, 2021

Yard Sale Day

It's looking to be a rainy, chilly weekend so that means it is time for the Corbin Park Neighborhood Yard Sale.

I put out signs this morning directing people to the Corbin Park Community Yard Sale and drove around the park to see if anyone is participating. It looks like about 11 houses are participating. We've had pretty good traffic and a lot of people checking out the sales.

We have a bedroom set that we never wanted in the first place and it is on display out in the yard. It's the only thing we are selling. The price is currently marked at $150.00, but I will take $100.00. I would really like to sell it today because I want the space back in the Carriage House.

I have spent most of the morning sitting on the front porch, watching people drive by while I read the paper, listened to a podcast and took pictures of the cat.


11:45AM: VICTORY! I have sold it! I have sold it for $150.00. I am happy!

The guy that bought it (Caleb) lives in the neighborhood. He just bought the house on Washington and Buckeye that was for sale for about two hours. Well, it didn't sell that fast but it is a very hot market right now. He said they were happy to get it.

Caleb and his wife and two kids moved here from Havre, Montana. 

Since I have a truck, I offered to deliver. I even helped him carry everything into his house. I really earned that money.

1:45PM: Once I was able to close up shop, Susan and I walked the park to check out the deals. I might be interested in some tires but they're not quite the right size.

The day has turned out to be pretty nice as far as the weather goes. I felt a few drops of rain but it's nice out there right now.

One last thing, referring to my post on May 29th where I talked about paying an Idiot Fee because I forgot to write down my new password.

I found where I wrote the password down today. Susan was working on the curtains and had a large piece of cardboard on the table to protect it. I wrote the password on that.

Then, when she was done, I put it back in the Carriage House.

I pulled it out today to write down the price of the bedroom set we sold. I noticed it in the corner of the cardboard. It was Grumpy307!

What a dumbass!

Well, I've got money burning a hole in my wallet. Time to go to the Hub.  

No comments: