Wednesday, April 06, 2022

2022’s First Mow

 I don’t remember ever keeping a record of my earliest mow of the year but I think today might qualify for that distinction.

The lawn was not really that bad but I had a bunch of leaves I wanted to suck up so mowing seemed like the right choice. 

Susan is not happy that I chose to mow. In fact, she has been lobbying for us to hire a mowing service. I am against that for two reasons: 

A) I’m retired with not a lot to do. Mowing not only gives me something to do but it gives me some exercise. I admit that when I am finished with mowing I am quite spent. But I know how to pace myself and I can mow the lawn in sections over a couple of days if I need to.

And B) I don’t feel like paying someone to do something I have the time and ability to do.

And 3) What am I going to do with my mower, which started on the fourth pull today after a loooooong winter slumber.

In any event, that’s one mowing down.

No comments: