Monday, April 18, 2022

Hub Fun Run 2022 Prep

Have I ever talked about the Hub? It's the Hub Tavern. It's one of the things that makes this neighborhood so great. It's located three blocks away on the corner of Monroe and Fairfield. That's about a five minute walk. so we go there a lot.

This Saturday, April 23rd, is their fourth or fifth annual fun run. It is .o8 miles long. You run from the Hub, two blocks south to the Mosey Inn, chugg (sip) a beer and run back. The record is about two and a half minutes.

There is a theme to the run every year and this years them is Batman and Joggin'. So it's Super Hero themed.

Susan and I won the Costume Contest last year. See the post from April ?? So we are motivated to have good costumes again. Susan is obviously going as CatWoman and I'm going as Batman.

I have a vague idea for the custom loosely based on the Adam West Batman.

Today I began work on the Bat Cowl. Here's what I have so far.

I still have a couple more days working with the paper mache, getting the things defined and ready for painting. I must admit it doesn't look like much here. 

No comments: