Thursday, September 22, 2022

Autumn Cometh and The Post Man Finisheth

Today we finished the back stairway rail project.

Yesterday we measured the post to size and then brewed up some cement to file the hole, with the post in it of course.

Initially, I bought 2 ten pound bags of cement. I ended up buying two more yesterday and then went back for a fifth. The five bags cost about 25 bucks.


The post was firmly in the ground by the end of the day yesterday and so I felt it was no problem to reattach the rail today. It didn't go back exactly as I had hoped but it is definitely more sturdy and stout than it was. That post will be there long after I'm gone.

And we have our SJB logo scratched into the cement to forever immortalize our effort. However, it will probably get buried in the dirt.

As of today, Summer of 2022 is in the history books and it is time to prepare for the colder months. I have not turned on the boiler yet so the Boiler Game is still in progress.

I have noticed that the bathroom heater, which is on it's own thermostat has come on a couple of times in the morning this week. So that's another sign to indicate the end of Summer.   

No comments: