Monday, September 19, 2022

Rail Work

We are in limbo with the kitchen right now so I decided to work on another project that won't take too long.


The post on the stair rail at the back door has totally rotted away and is just propped up by a nub on the ground. I tried to make it a little more secure by pounding a couple of rebar posts into the ground next to the suppoet post and then securing the post to the rebar. The problem with that solution was that the rebar was not at all secure. 

At one point, I hit the rebar into the ground with my hammer and the whole thing almost disappeared into the ground. The old rotted fence post made the area quite fluid.  

So, I removed the rail and pulled the old post off.

I ended up having to dig out the hole so I can fill it with concrete. 

I have a bunch of old 4x4 posts that I can use as a replacement but I need to clean them up and paint them.
 
That's a project for tomorrow.



No comments: