Friday, March 10, 2023

Down Draft Ducting Day

I woke up to another blanket of snow. Not sure how much we’re going to get but it is still coming down.

Today is the day we are installing the ducting for the downdraft fan. And when I say “we”, I mean Carter from Anderson Sheet Metal. It’s 7:45 AM and Carter is already down in the crawl space getting to work.

8:13AM: Here’s the first accomplishment, the vent.

He asked if I wanted brown or white for the vent cover. I obviously chose white because I thought it would be easier to paint with the dark green trim color. Now that I see it in place, I like it as is.

Here are a few more pictures of the process.



Carter is really cruising along.  He’s finished under the house and is installing the last pieces of duct pipe.

Yesterday I went into the crawl space to knock the glass out of this window. That is to be the route of the fan duct. Here is how it looks now.


9:17AM: Carter is finished. He will be returning in a couple of weeks to install the fan. That will mean, cabinets are going in. I just hope I'm not being too optimistic about that time line.

Here are my final pictures of the install.




It is still snowing.

No comments: