Thursday, March 23, 2023

Zags Make the Eight & Midnight Guy

We have just returned from watching the Gonzaga Bulldogs Men’s Basketball Team advance to the Elite Eight in the NCAA Tournament. They had a come from behind win over UCLA and it was quite a heart pounding game.

We are home now and I am going to bed.

Later: I just chased away a guy knocking at our back door.

I was in bed when Susan came running up and said someone was at the back door. I threw on my robe and came down and pulled the curtain back that looks out on the back stoop. The guy was in his mid to late 20’s and complaining that it was cold. He seemed distraught and unhappy. I told him I didn’t know who he was and I wasn’t going to let him in. I told him to leave and he did.

It didn’t seem like a very Christian way to behave as he seemed mostly harmless, but I’m not going to let some unknown person into the house late at night when I’m in my robe and armed with only a bat. (Didn’t have time to grab the gun.)

This all happened at about 11:30.

No comments: