Thursday, February 15, 2024

The Curse of the Snow Blower is Lifted.

It looks like I’m going to get to use the snow blower today!

I got up at seven and checked to see if it had snowed, as the forecast indicated. It had not. 

By the time I got out of the shower, it was snowing and in no time, it was snowing pretty hard.

It’s still coming down as of now (11:21 AM) and there is about an inch on the ground.

I just returned from a dentist appointment and let me tell you, it’s really fun driving around out there. I saw one accident on the way to the dentist, and a couple more driving back home.

This is one of those days when I’m happy not to have to be out there. 

One of the weather apps I keep an eye on indicates snow for another 70 minutes and then more after 3:00.

Besides getting to use my rebuilt snow blower, I’m excited for this snowfall because I’m going skiing tomorrow. It’s my first time up this season and I’m really looking forward to it.

I’ll keep this post updated as the snow progresses. In the meantime, this seems like a good day for a fire.

4:50PM: I was able to blow and there was about 2 inches of snow on the ground when I went out. I did the block and half way up the alley…pretty much like I usually do.

The snow blower worked beautifully. The one thing I noticed right away was that it turned much better than it used to. I don’t know if that had something to do with the larger tires or something else.

The snow was pretty heavy but it went through the blow with nary a problem. At times, it seemed like it was pushing a big mound of snow in front of it rather than sucking the snow in through the blades and into the auger. When it did that, it left a bit of a berm coming off the side. It just meant I had to do another pass. No biggie!

Anyway, I’m glad it worked and I’m glad I got to use it at least one more time this season.

No comments: