Wednesday, July 10, 2024

Shredded

After cleaning out the closet of the back bedroom, we have two beer case sized boxes of old bank records that we want to dispose of.

I called the bank to see if they had a free shredding day coming up…and they don’t. They referred me to the company they hire for the shredding but they have a minimum fee of $25.00.

I decided that my time isn’t worth that much and we have a little home shredder, I would go to work on shredding all that stuff.

You can only throw a few pages at a time through the shredder but I made great progress with a stack of old bank statements going back to 2007. Next I had boxes of old checks that I had to rip out in three small groups.

I set myself up out in the backyard in the shade of the Carriage House. Things were shredding along nicely for about 15 minutes and then the shredder shred no more.

I’m giving it a rest right now and we’ll see if it comes back.

Stand by!

Good news. The shredder came back. I’ve decided that the best way to do this is to take a break every time I fill the bin.

It probably doesn’t help that it’s going to be 100 degrees today.

No comments: