Monday, July 15, 2024

Summer on the Porch

 This time of year when the temperatures regularly approach 100°, my favorite time of the day is morning on the ol’ front porch. It really is spectacular. There aren’t enough superlatives to express how enjoyable it is. 

I have the sprinkler running in the yard, there are people playing Pickleball across the street, and all kinds of folks are walking or jogging by.

I’m sitting on the porch swing and there is a nice cool breeze blowing by that makes it quite comfortable.

Too bad it’s not going to last. The weather report shows a high of 94° today leading to a very hot weekend. 106° is predicted for Sunday. We’ll keep an eye on that and let you know. 

In the meantime, I’m going to sit here with my decaf Irish coffee and my newspaper and enjoy the day.

No comments: