Friday, September 21, 2007

Countdown to the Furnace

I woke up this morning and it was 41 degrees outside and 61 degrees inside. I moved the heater into the bathroom so it would be warm in there when Susan got up. I have not yet turned on the furnace.

As long as the house maintains a temperature of around 60, I don't think I'll need to turn it on. Sixty is the temperature I plan to keep the furnace at. I'll probably up it 65 as it gets colder.

But for now, we are quite comfy with the space heaters going in the kitchen. That is where we seem to spend our evenings.

It makes sense to heat only the areas we occupy and these heaters we bought are much more efficient than the furnace. In fact, they are much more efficient than your garden variety space heater. They better be for what we paid for them.

The upstairs bathroom remodel is progressing. Dry wall is going up. We should have all the dry walling completed by this weekend. Then we need to purchase our wainscoating supplies and tile for the shower. I also need to buy a small window for the shower too.

No comments: