Sunday, April 06, 2008

Ambitious Plans of the Weekend Fool

None of my big plans for the weekend have bore any fruit. Let's start with the skunk.

I put a humane trap out in the yard last night. I threw a bunch of hot dogs around it and then in it. When I got up this morning, it was empty. I left it out there and it wasn't long before I looked out and saw one of our cats in it. At least I know it works when the animal cooperates. Maybe I put too many hot dogs in the yard and she got full before she found the trap.


I worked yesterday at my job at the bar and then went to a football game. Spokane has an Arena II Football team. They played the Stockton Lightning and they killed them. The final score was 70 to 12. I still don't really understand all the nuances of the game and it doesn't feel like a replacement for football to me. I can wait until Fall.

Susan got started on the bathroom yesterday but didn't get very far. The work she did today involved removing one of the pieces she placed yesterday. She's a real perfectionist when it comes to this kind of stuff. If she doesn't get it right, she'll be looking it at for the rest of her life, or until she fixes it. It's still too early to get a good feeling of how it will look but I think it's going to look great.

I was unable to do much of anything today. I started feeling a little scratchy throat yesterday and I didn't feel all that great at the Football. I woke up this morning about the same. Not terrible, but I knew I had better take it easy and try and beat this cold early. The way I'm feeling now, I will probably work only half a day tomorrow. I'll go in and figure out the hot spots and put out those fires and then come home and stoke my fire.

I discovered the wonder and magic of the Netty Pot today. It's a thing to give your sinuses a bath. It feels kind of weird at first. It's sort of reminiscent of the feeling you get when you snort in a bunch of water in a swimming pool but it really works and I could really breath after I used it. In fact, it's been a while since I used it and I think I could use another, Thank you!

No comments: