Sunday, February 14, 2010

Another Rainy Sunday

It's Valentine's Day and we are cleaning. I should clarify that. Susan is downstairs vacuuming and I am on the Computing Machine making this entry.

I am finishing up a three day weekend as I took one of my vacation days on Frydee. Again, I didn't accomplish as much as I hoped.

I did a bunch of routering and am ready to start cutting the routed trim to size and get it nailed, glued, pried and forced into place. I have discovered that I made the unfortunate mistake of not routering enough trim to complete the job.

Here's the problem. First of all, Hey...it's me! I have no router training and so I am routing blind. Secondly, I have a pretty cheesy router table that I picked up a few years back at a yard sale. It works okay but I am unable to figure out how to get a router bit set where I want it, and then be able to come back to that same setting later. it's real trial and error. And lastly, Hey...it's still me!
Since the trim I am creating requires two passes with two different bits, I find it difficult to get the second setting right without wasting two or three strips of wood. I'm sure there's a better way but I haven't found it yet.

Here's a vid of Captain RouterMan.

Here's another one of the work we're doing on the ceiling.

Okay, that big hole in the ceiling was put there on purpose. But, I thought it was funny to show it of with "Bad Day" playing in the background. The plan is to cover the whole ceiling with wall board rather than try to fix all the holes and cracks. We had to remove the plaster from that area because it was sagging. Now everything will be nice and flat and smooth.

The unusually warm winter persists here in Spokane. Last year at this time we had a ton of snow on the ground. This year, only one snow fall of any consequence fell and it consequentially melted the next day. Today it is raining and that what the forecast looks like for a few days to come.

No comments: