Sunday, February 07, 2010

SuperBowl Sunday

The dust was flying yesterday as both Susan and I went to town on our respective projects. She, prepping the walls in the immediate entryway and I on the staircase.
Susan has one wall ready to be painted or wallpapered or batiked or whatever it is she plans to do. She scrapped some old wallpaper off the opposing wall. She created a great deal of dust.

I added to the dust by finishing up my sanding on the stairs. I had a lot of sanding to do because I was very heavy on the wood putty knife. I learned some good detail sanding techniques. The main thing I learned is to keep fresh clean sandpaper on the sander. It's triangle shaped on the detail sander and I figured out that I can keep pulling it off and rotating the paper until it is worn off or gummed up.

We also selected our stain color...dark walnut. It looks like a good match for the stained trim we already have.
Nothing is happening today except that Susan put some some glossy sealer on the Mosaic Tile in the entryway. It looks much better with a gloss finish. She plans to add a couple more. Other than that, no remodeling type work will occur as we will soon be leaving for the Super Bowl. Oh, I don't think I have the marketing rights to say that. What I mean to say is that we will be attending an NFL Football Post Season Bowl game that will be, by all accounts, Super.

No comments: