Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Another Weather Update

There are a few inches of snow on the ground this morning. I must commend the weather gypsies this morning as they did a fine job of accurately predicting this snowfall. There was three to four inches at home and the drive to work was slow but uneventful. I did have to pull off the freeway at one point and clean off my wipers. The snow froze to them and created a blurry sheet of thin ice on my windshield. I finally figured out that I was better off not using the wipers.


The gypsies continue to prognosticate that this snow will fall for a while today and then turn to rain later in the day. That will make for a lovely drive home.


I was right! It was a lovely drive home. I was crossing the freeway, about to enter the on-ramp when I saw the traffic was backed up for as far as I could see. I diverted to Trent Avenue, which was slower but moving. My 20 minute commute turned into a little over an hour.

No comments: