Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Two More Inches

The snow fell steadily pretty much all day. Steady but not strong. It was an easy trip with the snow blower and I completed my rounds quickly.

I met a neighbor who lives behind me. His name is Joey and he lives in one of three apartments in the house across the alley, second one from the corner. He thanked me for clearing the sidewalk and said how much he appreciated it. I told him the Spider Man credo: With great power, comes great responsibility.

I've have come to realize that I am much better at maintaining my yard in the winter than I am in the summer.

The thing that you never know in this snow control game is what is coming next. They are predicting snow turning to rain tomorrow and there's a good chance that the rain will wash all this snow away. If that is the case, it is going to get sloppy again before it gets washed away and I am glad I have removed a lot of snow.

The last time it thawed (about a month ago) that sloppy thick street slush was very hard to navigate through. Susan's car, being as low to the ground as it is, has a real tough time when the snow gets deep.

Here is a picture I took of the house tonight. It's a nice winter shot.

No comments: