Saturday, January 14, 2012

Annual Cat Health Care Day

We rose early today to prepare for our yearly excursion to the vet. We take all four cats at the same time as it saves a small amount of money. Not much because after the whole affair was over, we were $265.00 lighter. Well, Susan was lighter. I have to pay her back.


When it came time to load the cats up, the two most reluctant kitties were already hiding under the bed. Somehow, they knew something was up and whatever that something was, they were not going to like it.


We got Oscar and Scout boxed up and then had to chase down T.J. and Willie. They weren't quite as bad but it is generally an ungraceful ballet to place large flailing cat in small box.


Then there is the ride to the Vet's office which is loud with angry, upset cat noises. 


Susan and I went together so it was a little easier to manage them but not by much.  We have to get them weighed which is an ordeal in itself. The only good part of it is now they don't mind going back in the box. Below are Willie, Oscar, Scout and T.J. waiting for the Doc. 







































They were not that excited to come out of the boxes once we were in the examining room. They got a rabies booster and a bunch of other pokes and prods and probes. 


T.J. is going to have to go back on Friday for some dental work. Other than that, they are good for another year. 


We have determined they are all about 12 to13 years old. The Doctor thought that was impressive for cats who go outside. I guess we live in a cat friendly neighborhood.


They were much quieter on the trip home. I guess they knew the worst was behind them. 


So now we have a lazy Saturday to while the time away. I do enjoy that but I think I need to find another part time job again. I don't seem to have any money. It's a bummer when you have time to while away but no beer to while with.


Fortunately, I know how to manage my beer so I can always find something.

No comments: