Monday, January 23, 2012

After the Storm

Today was a pretty nice day. The sun was out intermittently and the temperature was above the freezing mark. 


It appears we had about 8 to 10 inches hit the ground over the last two days. This mornings paper said it was a record snowfall for January 19th...tying the six inches that fell on the same date in 1950. 


At present, the TV weather persons are predicting another storm as early as tomorrow night.


I did some work on sprucing up the sidewalks and driveway. Susan worked on the hallway and then got a call to work the Hockey game tonight.


My big project of the day was to get up on the roof and get the heat wire plugged in to prevent damage to the roof and the dining room. You can get the back story by looking at my entries back on November 30th, 2010 and a couple entries beyond that. 


Anyway, the icicle was back and I had to get it down and get the heat cord plugged in before the aforementioned damage occurred in the dining room.


Here are a bunch of pictures showing the roof area I had to navigate and the great view I had once the navigation was over.



I forgot to take a picture of the icicle before I knocked it down but I did manage to snap a picture of its lifeless body as it died in the snow.
I put my glove next to it for some perspective. I hope this graphic depiction was not too graphically depicted for the more squeamish.

I am pleased that we have made it through this first snow storm of the season and I find that at my advanced age of 54, I am hoping it's the last snow storm of the season.

No comments: