Friday, December 28, 2012

Living Remodel Pre-Work

I have devised a home made piano caster for the cost of buying one professionally made piano caster. I will have three, commenserate with the number of piano legs I have, so that worked out well.

I just went on line to Steinway and Sons dot com and learned that a parlor grand Model A piano weighs 695 pounds. That is good news for me as the furniture mover I purchased has a 1000 pound capacity. That means my little casters will be well within the regulations for successful piano movamentations.

As you can see from the photos provided, I placed a brace across the furniture mover and then another brace on top of that. I used my router to create a square hole for the wheel to fit in snuggly. I spent about $60.00 for the movers and the wood to augment the movers. As I said, that is almost as much as one caster.

It still remains to be seen how easily the piano will move around with this system.

No comments: