Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Twenty-Thirteen

We welcomed the new year with a downtown adventure.

We rode the Spokane Party Trolley. This peddle powered cart seats about 15 people plus a driver, plus a bartender, if needed. 

We got to ride around downtown for free because the owner is the cousin of my friend Jerry and she wanted to get out and get some publicity.

She has had a hell of a time getting approved by the various city and state entities she encounters. She has paid a shitload in permits and she still is getting the run around. 

Anyway, Jerry and Janet invited us to join them and we had a great venture around downtown as First Night Festivities were going on. We peddles the trolley to four downtown bars. Fast Eddie's, O'Dorherty's, Soulful Soups, and Luigi's.

We slept past 9:30 this morning. What a great way to receive the new year. Even with our late morning, we managed to get Christmas put away. I have one item on the balcony to take down and then it is done.

In honor of our accomplishment, here is a last look at the tree. Please make note of the ceiling with all those tacky strips of wood up there. That will soon be covered by a smooth wonderful layer of drywall as we commence on our next project. We thought the living room would be a relatively easy makeover, but then Susan started seeing stuff and adding stuff and making my life...well...my life.

I didn't pay any attention to how many posts I made last year so I didn't make a big run up at the end of the year to make more posts. As such, I made under a hundred posts last year. I don't consider it good or bad. Just what happened.


No comments: