Friday, January 01, 2016

Happy New Year

We have made it to Twenty Sexteen!

It's a little after ten in the morning. It's sunny out and 26 degrees. 

We are having a lazy morning around the estate today while preparing to go and watch the Rose Bowl this afternoon. Susan's Alma Mater, Iowa is playing the Stanford Cretins. The game is at 2:00. I think we are going down to the Red Lion Barbecue to watch the extravaganza.

I will of course be taking lots of pictures with my fabulous new camera. Here's one I just took.
I still have a lot to learn about this camera. I'm trying to figure it out but I'm considering taking a class at the Community College to get a better idea of how everything works.

I'm going to prepare myself for the day now. That means getting a cup of coffee, reading the paper, flouncing about, getting another cup of coffee, surveying my snow blowing area of influence, and so forth. I might even bathe.

7:12 PM: Well, that didn't go so well.
Iowa barely showed up for the game. Stanford killed them. Iowa finally got on the board in the fourth quarter but they were never in it.

We are not going to take this as an omen of the year to come.

No comments: