Thursday, December 31, 2015

Last Post of 20 Fifteen

Susan and I both got the afternoon off and met at the Hub about 1:30. We stayed for a while but I really needed to get home by three. I had a project I had to get to before it got dark.
We have had issues with this part of the roof in the past. Snow melts and collects in that little valley and slowly creates a giant icicle. As the icicle gets bigger, water begins to pool behind and then manages to find it's way down the inside of the wall and destroy the dining room wall and ceiling.

I have strung heat cable up there but have not come up with a good way to wire it in other than attaching an extension cord to it.

So we got home and hauled out the ladder and climbed up there and got it plugged in. There was a sizable icicle already forming when I drove up to the house. But by the time we got out there, it had fallen, so no picture.

But here are some others.

I received great news today on the Answering Machine. The Snow Blower is repaired and ready for pickup. I am really impressed he got it done in a week and for $75.00. I didn't have time to pick it up today but he'll be there Saturday morning at 9, and so will I!

No comments: